Friday, August 14, 2009

Vampire Candelabra...Hand sculpted Vampires




"In paratus of nox noctis" - meaning "In preparation of the night"


I found this wonderful vintage Candelabra last year and turned it into a Vampire Candelabra!

I have designed five vampires hanging from the candelabra, two are sleeping in their bat wings cocoons, two are holding candles and the head Vampire is showing his fangs and holding a miniature candelabrum. The vampires are 6-8" long and hang from a small vintage candelabra crystal. They can be remove and used in other decor. The vintage Candelabra is an old pot metal with fading gold paint . . . it’s very ornate and has a wonderful old world vampire look. It is 27" tall and 18 ½" wide, and it comes with five new 12" black candles. The weight is 15# soooo no free shipping on this piece. I really enjoyed creating this piece . . . I really love Vampires
It starts on eBay tonight and ends August 19, 2009.
Bugs & Hisses
Patty

13 comments:

Halloween Fanatic said...

TOO COOL! Robert

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful candelabra. I just love vampires and you did an awesome job.

Creager Studios said...

Fantastic Patty...I really like what you did with the Candleabra ...you added just the perfect 'Haunted' Touch...
Yours Vamps are Great!

Hugs,
Jodi

Christopher A. Klingler said...

WOW cool piece Patty!!!

Happy weekend 2 ya.

SpOOky CK (-:

Shes Off Her Rocker said...

Pat this is really cool.. I have been collecting candelabras for art too..this is just the most unique thing ever! I love the vamp theme...

magikalseasons said...

Creepy and so fantastic! This is a Masterpiece! This Vampire Candlelabra is bloody amazing! :) Becca
I really do need to win the lotto! I'd better go check my tickets!

Tamara Dozier said...

What an imagination you have. This is fangtastic!

julie campbell said...

This is fabulous Pat ! its always a treat to visit your blog and see your new pieces , this one is amazing,
julie xxx

Patty Benedict said...

WOW!! Thank you everyone for your nice comments!!!
It really means a lot to me!
Bugs & Hisses
Patty

The Creative Bohemian said...

I love that. How clever and the sculpting is superb. Great job!

Marie S said...

Gorgeous piece of work!

Sweet B Folkart said...

BRAVO! - once again - so unique and amazing detail.


- B

Anonymous said...

brilliant :)