Saturday, October 3, 2009

Why I’m not on Facebook or twitter

I have been asked a lot about why I’m not on Facebook or Twitter and this is why.
I don’t have time and I don’t like to write . . . it’s that simple. I know it’s a great marketing tool and you can connect with other artist BUT that means taking time to read what everyone is doing and replying to postings. I have a Blog and that’s just the right amount of contact with friends and collectors.
I do think Facebook and Twitter are great sites it just not for me. So I’ll be happy just posting on my blog some new art and occasional some photos of my simple life as an artist.
I also dropped out of a couple of artist groups so I can focus on my art, I think I'm ready to challenge myself and focus on building my little buisness.

Off to the studio to sculpt!
Bugs & Hisses
Patty

6 comments:

Sue said...

I'm actually on both, but rarely go to Twitter. Facebook was something I was very reluctant to join...but, have found a way to reconnect with old friends from high school, and that is such a treat. I check in there daily, but don't spend much time.

The blogs are taking lots of time. I'm still trying to build connections and followers, as well as find others that I can support and enjoy. I think you are smart to save your time for what you do best, create.

Sue

Brialee said...

I'm right there with you Pat! lol I don't have Facebook or Twitter either and everyone keeps nippin' at me to join both. I just joined the blogging community last February (better late than never) and I think that's enough for me. I don't know when these people find time to create!!

Ginny Diezel said...

I love this! I joined Facebook, reluctantly, because of the emphasis on networking among artists, posting your work, etc. I continually am asked to become a friend, which is lovely, but I rarely write. If I spend my time on the Facebook pages, I am not developing my artwork. I am right there with you, Pat! Twitter - cannot be bothered. I do not need to be all things to all people. So nice to read there are others who feel the same way! Ginny

Christopher A. Klingler said...

I agree Patty and well done!

Stay STRONG and resist the temptation!!! LOL '-P)

Sunday Hugs,
mE (-:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I totally agree! I'm bored with Facebook, love the blogs. Also enjoying your art.

Lisa said...

Here's to you...I agree with you on this one. Just keep creating your beautiful works!