Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Halloween Cuckoo clock by Pat Benedict Woopitydooart


I have transformed a non working Vintage German Cuckoo clock and turned it into “The Haunted Cuckoo Clock” My Husband Gan replaced the old non working clock parts with a NEW battery clock, he also replaced the new clock hand with Black metal vintage clock hands.
I spooked up the clock with some paint and my hand sculpted Halloween creatures! I sculpted a Witch, Mummy, Skeleton, Monster, Ghost and a tiny Witch on her broom in-place of the cuckoo bird. (This clock does not cuckoo) I also created my Cocooned Vampires hanging from the bottom chains. It’s a true One of a kind! The whole creation hanging is 23" long, and the wooden clock is around 10".




10 comments:

Shannon said...

This is the first time I've ever been to your blog. I found you because Robert Brawley on Facebook shared the link! I just love your clock, and look forward to seeing what other neat stuff you've made!

Anonymous said...

Oh my this is just brilliant!
I love your work!
Pattee

A rootdigger said...

justtoo clever. great idea. one of a kind.

Light and Shadow Studio said...

Pat this piece is truly special, as is all of your work! My favorite part is the upside down hanging vampire on the bottom. You catch all of the details. I see you are suffering some the same blog problems as me, as you said. I wished I had known before I spent an hour or so trying to figure it out! Oh well, there certainly is worse things that could happen. Thanks for sharing!

Christopher A. Klingler said...

WOW!!! What a gorgeous & creative piece!!!

Hope this note finds you well.

CK :-))

Anonymous said...

You are one of my most favorite artists!
: ) Pattee

Sweet B Folkart said...

Holy Crow lady!!! - where will you be selling this piece. It is amazing!

B

Sweet B Folkart said...

Never mind- just went back to catch up and saw that it is being listed on eBay!!


Keep up the fabulous work - can't wait to see what you have lined up for this Halloween Season.

Sue said...

This is really amazing...clever, creepy and cool, the perfect combination.

Jennifer MacNeill said...

That's really amazing! The hanging vampires are my favorite part!